Wednesday 24 April 2013

The Point Of Living


UPDATE: Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Just to let you know, I no longer post here. My current blog is at http://theleaningbookshelf.blogspot.co.uk/ if you fancy having a look at my current writing. Eleanor x

In the past 2 years, as many people have died from my school. First a 13 year old girl in my year committed suicide, then a science teacher died of a stroke a few weeks ago, he was in his mid forties.
Both of these deaths have caused me to think about the fragility of life in greater detail. It confuses me to think that there is one question that no one on the planet knows the answer to, but we will all know the answer to one day. What happens after we die? Everybody will know, from the smallest ant to the largest whale, no matter your race, age ,sexuality, it is the one piece of information that cannot be denied to us.
And this brings me to the purpose of this post; when will we know the outcome of the question? When will our lives be over, extinguished? , khattam-shud? We all know it is inevitable, but when will the inevitable come? Ultimately, we are in control of our lives, not the beginning, but the end. However we choose to not know when it will happen, how it will end.This notion can be perplexing, puzzling even the deepest of thinkers. And the answer to this unsolvable truth? There isn't one. There never will be one. No one will ever know the exact details of their own demise. I don't want to know mine, I don't want to live a life of a count down clock, knowing exactly what will happen. I think not knowing is what makes it so beautiful. It makes it the reason generations have been fascinated with death. Not knowing is food for the human mind, if everything was known, where would we go? What would we do? There would be no reason for us to live.
Hereby I conclude this post. my final sentence written to provoke discussion in your homes and workplaces. From my mind (and by no means is this correct - after all, what is correct?)
 The point of life is to not know.

3 comments:

  1. Why don't you write anymore. I really enjoy your way of thinking

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Andreait. I just discovered you blog and like it already so much!
    Hope to read soon from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. I didn't think anyone would actually read this, so I didn't post anything... I'll try and post something new soon, you can't rush these things ;)

    ReplyDelete